Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Fourteenth

I will tell anyone asking for advice "do not let your children sleep with you". My reason is because I still cannot and do not like sleeping alone. I had trouble staying at slumber parties as a kid etc. because I would call at night and cry until my wonderful loving mom would come in and sleep with me....
That said....
It was a little hard getting out of bed this morning because My 5 year old was in bed with me and she was snuggly and sooo warm. :)
My reading this morning was just like a novel full of deception and sleeping around. It would have totally been rated R.

~Joseph's Dreams
Does anyone know why we dream? I have very vivid dreams everynight. I visit some of the locations more than once and the places are clear to me what they are but they are different than the places are when I am awake.
In the bible they were used as communication from God, right? Does anyone have more info???

~Joseph sold into slavery
As I am reading my imediate question would be: Why didn't Joseph tell them that these men are his brothers and what is going on. Then I thought about how convicts are today. I see them in TV in their orange jumpsuits and in handcuffs yelling "you have it all wrong, I'm inocent". So that is how I am thinking it all went down. Any thoughts or knowledge on that?

~Judah and Tamar
I want to laugh when people are challenging the bible saying it isn't like how it is now. Things were inocent back then. The world is different now. People are SINNERS!!!!!!! Lots of deception going on!! Now the urban term would be "baby daddy"

~Descendants of Judah

Joseph in Potiphars House
Just wrong. How scary for Joseph. What is that song "EEEEVIL WOMAN"

Joseph Put into Prison
I need to appreciate the trials God gives me, eh!!

1 comments:

Allison said...

Not sure about dreams. I would think the dreams from God are much different from the dreams that are just crazy and strange we usually have.

Joseph did cry out for mercy when his brothers sold him:
"Then there passed by the Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt (Gen 37:28)."

"And so he is rejected by his brethren and sold. Even again in the typology, as Christ was rejected by His brethren, and was sold for thirty pieces of silver by Judas Iscariot.

Now at this point, Jacob was really, I mean Joseph was really crying and pleading with his brothers that they would have mercy on him and all. And his brothers just really turned a deaf ear unto his pleas. And later on in the book of Genesis, it tells how that his brothers when he was playing games with them in Egypt and putting pressure on them said, "You know, this is really our fault. We didn't have mercy on our brother". In the forty-second chapter, verse twenty-one, "And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he begged us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us" (Genesis 42:21)." - from Chuck Smith's commentary on Blue Letter Bible

As for Judah and Tamar - you have got to read Francine Rivers Lineage of Grace series!!! So good