Tuesday, July 6, 2010

~Good Morning~

It is absolutely gorgeous this morning. 59 outside, which is perfect to air out this stuffy house. I wish we lived where I could sleep with the windows open. I am paranoid so I rarely have them open during the day.


 

  • Isn't this saying if you trust the Lord his angels will protect you? Why do we still get harmed. Why does the bible say these things, when we will get harm even if we do trust the Lord.? I know other parts of the bible say we will go through pain but I am saying this in particular?

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
 12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.
 13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
      you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.
      I will protect those who trust in my name.
 15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.
 16 I will reward them with a long life
      and give them my salvation."


 


 

Today's Scripture:

Psalm 1

Book One (Psalms 1–41)

1 Oh, the joys of those who do not
      follow the advice of the wicked,
      or stand around with sinners,
      or join in with mockers.
 2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,
      meditating on it day and night.
 3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
      bearing fruit each season.
   Their leaves never wither,
      and they prosper in all they do.

4 But not the wicked!
      They are like worthless chaff, scattered by the wind.
 5 They will be condemned at the time of judgment.
      Sinners will have no place among the godly.
 6 For the Lord watches over the path of the godly,
      but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.

Psalm 2

1 Why are the nations so angry?
      Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
 2 The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
      the rulers plot together
   against the Lord
      and against his anointed one.
 3 "Let us break their chains," they cry,
      "and free ourselves from slavery to God."

4 But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
      The Lord scoffs at them.
 5 Then in anger he rebukes them,
      terrifying them with his fierce fury.
 6 For the Lord declares, "I have placed my chosen king on the throne
      in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain."

7 The king proclaims the Lord's decree:
   "The Lord said to me, 'You are my son.
      Today I have become your Father.
 8 Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance,
      the whole earth as your possession.
 9 You will break them with an iron rod
      and smash them like clay pots.'"

10 Now then, you kings, act wisely!
      Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
 11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear,
      and rejoice with trembling.
 12 Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry,
      and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—
   for his anger flares up in an instant.
      But what joy for all who take refuge in him!


 

Psalm 10

1 O Lord, why do you stand so far away?
      Why do you hide when I am in trouble?
 2 The wicked arrogantly hunt down the poor.
      Let them be caught in the evil they plan for others.
 3 For they brag about their evil desires;
      they praise the greedy and curse the Lord.

4 The wicked are too proud to seek God.
      They seem to think that God is dead.
 5 Yet they succeed in everything they do.
      They do not see your punishment awaiting them.
      They sneer at all their enemies.
 6 They think, "Nothing bad will ever happen to us!
      We will be free of trouble forever!"

7 Their mouths are full of cursing, lies, and threats.
      Trouble and evil are on the tips of their tongues.
 8 They lurk in ambush in the villages,
      waiting to murder innocent people.
      They are always searching for helpless victims.
 9 Like lions crouched in hiding,
      they wait to pounce on the helpless.
   Like hunters they capture the helpless
      and drag them away in nets.
 10 Their helpless victims are crushed;
      they fall beneath the strength of the wicked.
 11 The wicked think, "God isn't watching us!
      He has closed his eyes and won't even see what we do!"

12 Arise, O Lord!
      Punish the wicked, O God!
      Do not ignore the helpless!
 13 Why do the wicked get away with despising God?
      They think, "God will never call us to account."
 14 But you see the trouble and grief they cause.
      You take note of it and punish them.
   The helpless put their trust in you.
      You defend the orphans.

15 Break the arms of these wicked, evil people!
      Go after them until the last one is destroyed.
 16 The Lord is king forever and ever!
      The godless nations will vanish from the land.
 17 Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless.
      Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them.
 18 You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed,
      so mere people can no longer terrify them.

Psalm 33

1 Let the godly sing for joy to the Lord;
      it is fitting for the pure to praise him.
 2 Praise the Lord with melodies on the lyre;
      make music for him on the ten-stringed harp.
 3 Sing a new song of praise to him;
      play skillfully on the harp, and sing with joy.
 4 For the word of the Lord holds true,
      and we can trust everything he does.
 5 He loves whatever is just and good;
      the unfailing love of the Lord fills the earth.

6 The Lord merely spoke,
      and the heavens were created.
   He breathed the word,
      and all the stars were born.
 7 He assigned the sea its boundaries
      and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
 8 Let the whole world fear the Lord,
      and let everyone stand in awe of him.
 9 For when he spoke, the world began!
      It appeared at his command.

10 The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations
      and thwarts all their schemes.
 11 But the Lord's plans stand firm forever;
      his intentions can never be shaken.

12 What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord,
      whose people he has chosen as his inheritance.

13 The Lord looks down from heaven
      and sees the whole human race.
 14 From his throne he observes
      all who live on the earth.
 15 He made their hearts,
      so he understands everything they do.
 16 The best-equipped army cannot save a king,
      nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.
 17 Don't count on your warhorse to give you victory—
      for all its strength, it cannot save you.

18 But the Lord watches over those who fear him,
      those who rely on his unfailing love.
 19 He rescues them from death
      and keeps them alive in times of famine.

20 We put our hope in the Lord.
      He is our help and our shield.
 21 In him our hearts rejoice,
      for we trust in his holy name.
 22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
      for our hope is in you alone.


 

Psalm 71

1 O Lord, I have come to you for protection;
      don't let me be disgraced.
 2 Save me and rescue me,
      for you do what is right.
   Turn your ear to listen to me,
      and set me free.
 3 Be my rock of safety
      where I can always hide.
   Give the order to save me,
      for you are my rock and my fortress.
 4 My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked,
      from the clutches of cruel oppressors.
 5 O Lord, you alone are my hope.
      I've trusted you, O Lord, from childhood.
 6 Yes, you have been with me from birth;
      from my mother's womb you have cared for me.
      No wonder I am always praising you!

7 My life is an example to many,
      because you have been my strength and protection.
 8 That is why I can never stop praising you;
      I declare your glory all day long.
 9 And now, in my old age, don't set me aside.
      Don't abandon me when my strength is failing.
 10 For my enemies are whispering against me.
      They are plotting together to kill me.
 11 They say, "God has abandoned him.
      Let's go and get him,
      for no one will help him now."

12 O God, don't stay away.
      My God, please hurry to help me.
 13 Bring disgrace and destruction on my accusers.
      Humiliate and shame those who want to harm me.
 14 But I will keep on hoping for your help;
      I will praise you more and more.
 15 I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
      All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
      though I am not skilled with words.
 16 I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord.
      I will tell everyone that you alone are just.

17 O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood,
      and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do.
 18 Now that I am old and gray,
      do not abandon me, O God.
   Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
      your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

19 Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens.
      You have done such wonderful things.
      Who can compare with you, O God?
 20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,
      but you will restore me to life again
      and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
 21 You will restore me to even greater honor
      and comfort me once again.

22 Then I will praise you with music on the harp,
      because you are faithful to your promises, O my God.
   I will sing praises to you with a lyre,
      O Holy One of Israel.
 23 I will shout for joy and sing your praises,
      for you have ransomed me.
 24 I will tell about your righteous deeds
      all day long,
   for everyone who tried to hurt me
      has been shamed and humiliated.


 

Psalm 91

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
      will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
 2 This I declare about the Lord:
   He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
      he is my God, and I trust him.
 3 For he will rescue you from every trap
      and protect you from deadly disease.
 4 He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
 5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
      nor the arrow that flies in the day.
 6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
      nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
 7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
      though ten thousand are dying around you,
      these evils will not touch you.
 8 Just open your eyes,
      and see how the wicked are punished.

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
 12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone.
 13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
      you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

14 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.
      I will protect those who trust in my name.
 15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.
 16 I will reward them with a long life
      and give them my salvation."


 


 


 

All comments welcome!! It is how I get my questions answered.

0 comments: